Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Preparing

Tomorrow my sister, her children, and my mother will drive half-way across our state to my home. It is a visit I always look forward to. My grown children do also as we have many pleasant memories of our family together.

I'm cleaning rooms that get little use, but I'd like them to sparkle in anticipation of our guests. Sheets, towels and other items are being laundered. Tonight I'll make dishes of apple crisp and for my nephew, macaroni and cheese. My daughter has shopped and stocked the kitchen.

Though this is work, I'm beginning to feel getting my home ready for loved ones is part of the whole enjoyable process. Though tomorrow it will be so much better.

1 comment:

  1. When my family visits it feels like a piece of me that I wasn't aware I was missing has slipped back into place-- I feel that comfort in your writing here, too.

    ReplyDelete